Terms of Booking & Guest Information
Due to us being a small family run business we do have a few conditions of booking as below to help make the process as easy as possible and help you enjoy your stay with us. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions.
- To secure your booking we require a 25% non-refundable deposit at the time of making your reservation.
- On receipt of your deposit, your booking will be confirmed via email. The balance is payable four weeks prior to your reservation. A reminder will be sent out approximately five weeks prior to the start of your stay with us.
- If your booking is made four weeks prior to your holiday the full amount is payable at the time of booking.
- Prices are detailed on our website oldstationheacham.com.
- Deposit payment can be made via our website link, by bank transfer or by cheque. If you are paying by cheque please telephone or email to let us know prior to making your booking. You can also pay by card over the telephone.
- Cheques are to be made payable to Old Station Heacham.
- If you are paying direct and not through our website please contact me for our bank details or to pay by card over the telephone.
- Should you need to cancel, please contact me as soon as possible. This will be cancelled with immediate effect and will be confirmed by email.
- Your deposit is non-refundable.
- If you cancel after your balance has been paid this is unfortunately non-refundable, as it is unlikely we would be able to rent the property out again at such short notice.
- If you need to cancel due to a positive COVID test and are isolating please let us know as soon as possible. We will either refund your balance payment or transfer your booking to an alternative date. We will require proof of a positive test.
- If we need to cancel the booking due to a national lockdown, local lockdown in either your area or here, or travel restrictions we will offer either a refund or transfer of your booking to an alternative date.
Check-In & Depature
- Check-in is from 3pm. We cannot accommodate any early check-ins due to cleaning.
- Departure must be by 10am. We do not allow late checkouts I am afraid.
- We do allow dogs in both the Railway Carriage and Waiting Rooms by prior agreement and with a small charge of £5 payable.
- We do request that they do not go on the furniture or beds.
- Please do not let your dog/s use the holiday accommodation gardens to go to toilet. We ask that you take them off the property for this.
- Please note that the garden has a fence around it but smaller dogs will be able to get out underneath so kindly keep an eye on them when they are outside as they may be able to get out.
- Old Station Heacham has a non-smoking policy. We do not allow smoking in either the Railway Carriage or Waiting Rooms. If you would like to smoke outside please dispose of your cigarette butts responsibly. Smoking includes e-cigarettes and vaping.
- Both accommodations have hot and cold air conditioning units. Instructions for use are in the Guest Information Packs but please do get in touch with us if there are any problems. These are old properties and do get cold so blankets and hot water bottles are also provided.
The Legal Bit
- We recognise accidents happen and trust our guests to report loss or damage caused during your stay and reimburse the costs incurred prior to departure.
- Loss of facilities beyond our control (e.g. breakdown of domestic appliances, plumbing, wiring or damage from exceptional weather conditions) will be repaired as quickly as possible and we will do our best to minimise the inconvenience to our guests in the interim.
- No liability is accepted for injury, loss or damage to guests and/or their belongings, damage by or to any third party or for damage to any motor vehicle or its contents.
- If for any reason beyond our control (e.g. fire damage) the property is not available on the date booked, all payments made in advance will be refunded as full and final settlement.
If there is something you are unhappy about please do tell us as soon as possible and we will do our best to resolve the problem. We would rather you tell us whilst you are here and we can help than after you have left.
If you do enjoy your stay please make sure to leave a comment in our Guest Book.